7 Jan 2009

Lines, Curves, Shapes and Forms



Last monday, I went to help a friend shoot some of her design project items. After shooting a few items, I realised that the items revolved around shapes and forms for I start to see lines and curves "pop up" in the viewfinder. Despite seeing the lines and curves so evidently, it's hard to produce a striking image for each item as it is not easy to find a composition where all the lines and curve fit in smoothly. Perhaps I should go and look up on some design magazines for inspiration before I do such a job again~ Anyway, the image above and below is one of my favourite items shot that day (a pencil holder) which i liked due to it's complexity and how the different triangles complement each other.


Also, one thing that I realised is that still products like the 2 photos above are more "friendly" to photoshop creativity. This I feel is due to the lack of a benchmark reference such as skin colour in portraits or sky colour in landscapes. Thus, you can do more tweaking and it still looks "ok" to the eyes.

A few more photos here: http://imouyang.multiply.com/photos/album/92/29_Dec_08_SDE_Products_NUS

No comments: